Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I can't conceive of nothingness
an end complete and nothing less
no more to be no more to see
and what an awful mystery
a void and nothing more

and in that void there'll be no I
no ego still beneath the sky
where once I was I will not be
and nothing else replaces me
there'll be no contemplation

no consciousness to mark the day
perception will be gone away
and I will be so unaware
that there is no awareness there
I simply will not be

how can that be that there's no eye
to see the world beneath the sky
no ear to hear no fingers touch
no smell no taste it is too much
I can not comprehend it

Can faith alone provide some hope
when there's confusion of such scope
each answer brings more questions
and questions that shall have not end
until I reach that final bend

I'll know or die unknowing
I'll know or die unknowing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home