Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

gabriella crying

skippy
in his crate
whines
when he hears
gabriella crying
in the next room
she's been nursed
and changed
but still
she raises her little voice
in anger
she gasps for breath
between cries
her little lungs
working hard
it wears me out
just to hear her
it goes on and on
breath in
cry
breath in
cry
she's furious
because we haven't met
her unarticulated need
she will not be consoled
she has such stamina
but finally
exhausted
she gives in to sleep
it felt like hours
but in reality
it's only been 12 minutes
a cautious silence
invades the house
and i return to my writing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home