Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

SKIPPY WAITING

whatcha looking at you
you stretched out on the other cushion
eye turned up in your head
staring
afraid I’m going to get up
call you to your crate
say I’ll be back and be gone
is that it
or are you wondering if I’m going to reach out
grab you
poke you
pet you
stroke you
and you don’t want to be caught unawares
you could sleep the day away
except for that eye
so focused and so much white
why don’t you just relax
and trust me for a while
just a while
cause in a bit
that will be it
and I will call you to your crate
and say I’ll be back
and be gone
maybe then you’ll sleep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home