Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Yesterday was a good day

The loml and I had a lazy morning, and then at 11:25 we picked up Linda to head for the Morton Arboretum. After lunch in the Ginko room (I had their chili as usual), they went off to take part in the yule log search and subsequent ceremony while I stayed where I was to write. I was fairly productive; I wrote ten short poems. I think this one is the loml's favorite:

Branches above,
Roots below,
They stand across the pond outside the window.
I sit inside and watch the walkers
While a small boy
at a table behind me
Squeels,
again and again,
"Ice cream sandwich!
Ice cream sandwich!"
Outside,
Inside,
Truth explodes all around me,
And the only thing that makes sense to me
Is this:
I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home