Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Handicapped parking

Well the back doctor was glad that my back pain seems to have stabilized, and I guess it is good that it's not getting any worse. I just wish it would get better. She authorized a handicapped parking sticker?/placard?/hangy-down-thingie for me for six more months. That was one good thing to come from the visit. She said that she didn't think there would be any point to getting an MRI becauseno matter what it might show the treatment would still be the same, continued exercise. I guess I'm just sad that what I seem to have to settle for is the status quo.

Before I left to head for the hospital yesterday I got the new version of my manuscript completed. There are fewer poems in it now, but I think I've gotten rid of the ones that were the weakest, a good thing. Looking at the new version I wonder how I could ever have thought the old version was suitable for sending out. Ah well. Live and learn. What it may all boil down to is just that I was in too big of a hurry to start submitting and I didn't wait long enough and edit enough to come up with a better product. Ah well.

Now I've got to get back to the grind of preparing more submissions (magazines and journals, not the manuscript again (not yet)) to send out.

Also I need to call Danielle to set up an appointment for a haircut, shave and beard trim (she has said that this time she wants to do something called "sugaring" (?) instead of shaving. As though I'm not sweet enough already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home