Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

A good open mic

Last night was open mic night at Saxby's in Plano. I read all 12 of my new poems and was pleased with my performance. It was just me and the group Ferdie. Ferdie always brings in a good crowd, so I was pleased with that too. I have no idea who's going to show up on the 23rd.

The loml wanted to work on cleaning off the dining room table today and kicked me out of the house so I wouldn't be in the way. I went to Saxby's for two large coffees and some writing time. I came up with two poems that I like, one medium (for me) length and one three-liner.

I've had chili on the stove all day. The loml doesn't like it real hot so I took it easy. She just left for Linda's with three cups of it, one for Linda, one for Barbie and one for her. I've had one bowl and I'll stop there and just snack on cauliflower for the rest of the day. I was 239 this morning and I'd like to stay there for the weigh-in before my visit with the nutritionist on Tuesday.

I guess I'll read my book till the loml gets back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home