Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

It was nice

Last night the Poetry Circle got together at Barbara's house in Geneva for some reading and critiquing. Six of us showed up, a good turn out. I had called Nicole, so she was there. Good snacks. Good company. Good critiques. I took seven of my new poems, wound up getting to read five. Now I need to make some edits based on the feedback that I got. I didn't get home till 11:00.

Today Dummer's every other Wednesday chess club gets together after school. I'll pack up my glass chess set and head up there to be challenged by a bunch of precocious 4th and 5th graders. My biggest challenge is myself, just paying attention and staying focused on what's happening on the board. When I lose that focus I can get in trouble. That's my problem in life too. It's hard for me to live deliberately. I need to work on that. My tendency is to just let life happen around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home