Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

First the good news - there is no bleeding in my brain. On Sunday the loml and I went on a 12 mile bike ride with Pam and Wally. We were on the bike trails around Batavia and Geneva. At one point about 1 1/2 miles into the trip I was going off a bridge and down an incline and I was going too fast to make the sharp turn at the bottom. I hit a two foot high stone wall. My momentum carried both me and the bike over the wall. There was a 12 foot drop on the other side. Get the picture? I have abrasions on my right ankle, my left knee, my right elbow, my left forearm my lower back on the left side, my right shoulder and my forehead above my right eyebrow and a contusion on the back of my head on the left side. Fun. I was worried at all at first, but when my head was aching still the next day I called the VA. A nurse there told me to go to an emergency room to get checked out. The loml and I went to the local emergency room where they did a catscan of my head and xrays of my neck and my right ankle which was very swollen but not hurting. Every thing came out clean, no internal bleeding and no fractures. An interesting thing though, the catscan showed that I had an old stroke. I never knew I had a stroke. When I told my mother about it she sai, "Well. That explains a lot." ??? Anyway. I'm just going to take it relatively easy for a week or so. Nothing really physical.

The first week of my volunteering at the elementary school went well. I'm not sure how much of my chess lessons will be retained, especially the 1st graders. Oh well. I've off to do some errands before I head up to the school again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home