Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Well. Yesterday marked the beginning of my stint as a volunteer at the loml's elementary school (grades K - 3). I got to spend 1/2 hour trying to teach a class full of 1st graders how to place chess. Today I teach some 3rd graders and on Thursday I teach some 2nd graders. Tomorrow I go in for an hour to help advise kids on the "expert project." At the start of 1st grade kids are told to pick a topic they want to become an expert on. They stay with that topic through the 3rd grade and at the end of the year they're expected to have some sort of presentation on the topic. It could be a poster or a show and tell for instance. On Friday I'll help out in the reading program for an hour. Whee. Somewhere to go every sincle day. I need to get out the apartment every day to keep from going completely bonkers.

That's the biggest thing going on in my life right now. I'll see how this 1st week goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home