Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Zdravstvuitye! I'm excited about Russian again. I know I've forgotten many more words than I remember and my grammar is rusty to nonexistent, but I'm trying to get up to (at least minimal) speed again if I can. Is this interest (obsession) just another way to avoid sitting down and writing. Maybe (probably) to some extent, but who cares. I've rsvp'd to a Russian-speaking group that meets in Chicago that I'm going to be coming to their next get-together on September 1st. I'm excited! Oh. And I've found this really great url. It's www.rustran.com. It lets you enter a phrase or a sentence (or even just a word) and it translates it into Russian for you. It's a great learning too (if you know the Cyrillic alphabet and the rules of pronunciation). It's so cool.

Skippy and I are the only ones up so far. The loml is still sleeping. Skippy's curled up on the couch looking as though he could use a cuddle, so I think I'll oblige him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home