Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Saxby's

Last night was open mic night at Saxby's. Nicole came all the way from St. Charles for it. I felt a little sorry for her. The New Rivalry was there and the place was filled with about 40 of their friends, none of whom were particularly interested in listening to poetry. Rock music and poems don't necessarily go all that well together. Acoustic guitar music would probably more of a fit. Anyway. Nicole waited till about 15 minutes before closing, when most of the crowd had cleared out, before she went up to perform. She was great! I wish I had her delivery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home