Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

I'm pumped

Starting tomorrow I ride a bus for 25 hours to visit my sister in Canada, Ottawa to be precise. She's lived there for years and I've never visited her there before. I'm really looking forward to this trip. I'm even perversely excited about the prospect of that bus ride.

Last night I slept alone (well, Skippy was in the room with me). The loml had signed up to participate in the cancer Relay for Life, an event where people from various organizations or groups form teams that will stay up all night to take turns walking around a track. Each person agrees to raise money for the cancer society. The loml was part of a Jazzercise team. They raised $1005. She was one of only three people from her team to stay all night. There were food concessions and intermittent entertainment.

When she got home this morning I made her breakfast while she told me all about her night. Then she took a bath and went to bed. I told her I would stay here to mind Skippy until she wakes up. Then I'm going to go to Borders to use up a gift card.

My next entry will probably from Canada!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home