Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Oops

Yesterday I got all set to send off a new submission (five poems to a university review, not a manuscript to a publisher). I prepared and printed out a cover letter (very brief). I printed the five poems. I handwrote the addresses for the envelope and the sase. And then I forgot to go to the post office. What follow through. So it will get posted today instead of yesterday. No real biggie.

I met for the first time with the folks from the Plano library to discuss this year's National Poetry Month's poetry contest. We'll get the word out to the local high schools by the end of February. The write up in the library's spring newsletter will have been distributed by then too. We'll contact the rest of the schools in March. We'll also get press releases out to all local media then. We'll start accepting entries on March 26th and we'll close the entry process on April 16th. The grade level winners will be notified on the 20th and the award ceremony will be on the 28th.

I now need to meet with the Sandwich librarian to go over all the details and to come up with the number of posters and flyers we'll need. I also need to make sure that she'll be available when we do our judging, and I'll need to find out when she wants the winners to read there. I have to stay on top of everything now. My continuing mantra: Be present. Be present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home