Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

I woke up at 3:30 this morning and...

...couldn't get back to sleep, so I turned on the bedside light and read for a while, sampling some of the books my sister had picked out for me to read. Then I got out of bed, dressed and went and sat in the living room till the brother-in-law came upstairs and made coffee. After giving me a cup, he recommended several comic books to me and I started to read. While my sister drove him to work I got up and came to the computer. Now I'm blogging.

an unkindness of ravens
descends upon my soul
picked clean
it wakes to justice
in the cold stream
not knowing what to see
I sit and write this

Don't ask me. I just typed it.

Yesterday morning my sister took me for a push around the neighborhood and we wound up at the pond in front of the veterans home where she fed the ducks (including six little speed demon babies). After we got back, I just hung out in front of the window watching the birds and the black squirrels while she mowed the lawn. Later we drove into town to eat lunch at a thai restaurant. It was closed, so we went to the market where I got pushed around some more. We ended up eating at another Indian restaurant.

Sister: Is the vindaloo the hottest dish you have?
Waiter: Yes. It's very hot.
I: I'll have the seafood vindaloo.
Waiter: Very good, sir.
I: Indian hot.
Waiter: It's very hot, sir. Would you like some nan or some rice with that?
I: No. Thank you.
Waiter: It's very hot.
I: I'll be fine.

Later

I: It wasn't that hot.
Waiter: You're very strong, sir.

Another disappointment. Well, no. Disappointment's not the right word. It was very nice, a good flavor. Just not very hot.

Last night, as I slooped a large spoonful of jerk sauce onto my the jerk chicken my sister had prepared, it occured to me that I've been showing off. I need to outgrow that at some point.

Anyway. Yesterday was another nice day.

But I drank too much coffee (and I'm doing it again today).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home