Bill Robertson

I am a sinner saved by grace and a parttime poet. I participate in Celebrate Recovery and have been sober since 04/09/2011. My wife and I are both retired. I love my life. I am truly blessed.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

i'm sorry
i have no excuse
i don't know what else to say
in keeping with that
faith and i went to see the musical cinderella at the local high school
i mentioned to her that the girl playing the queen looked just like ann(e)? kelly
my 1st love
she said
oh
i always pictured her as a brunette
she wasn't
she was blonde
it never occured to me that she might be jealous of ann(e)?
after all i had left anne in minnesota to take the bus to ohio to be with faith
but
as i found out later
i was just once again being an inconsiderate jerk
how unusual
i should've looked at the situation from her perspective and been more sensitive
live and learn
what really pissed her off though was when
later
while texting our oldest grandson
who had been in the pit orchestra
he's a trombone player
or is that trombonist
that i really liked the show
i happened to mention the resemblance
don't you know that's going to get back to her
faith asked
i hadn't seen that as neccessarily being a bad thing
but something i learned long ago
but
keep forgetting
is that i don't get to decide what someone else is going to find offensive
or
hurtful
so
now i'm bummed out again
so i think i'll just end here
God bless

signing off
goodbye for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home